Friday, May 16, 2008

Changes

God has radically altered my plans these past two weeks. I have never had an overwhelming peace about moving to California and it was just gnawing at my spirit. I felt like I was trying to conjure up this excitement about going and just could never quite attain it sincerely. So...I am not moving to California! I love Riverbend, I love the ministry I have here, I love the people I am around, I love the hope I have for future opportunities. All those things combined made it so evident that God is not finished working in me here. I will still complete the Biblical Counseling program through their summer correspondence program and Lord-willing will graduate with my Master's degree in 2010. I thought it was going to be a huge step of faith to move out there, but now it seems a bigger step of faith to stay here. I gave up my teaching job and a replacement has already been hired. So now I am unemployed, facing the challenge of getting my own place in August or September, and have no idea how that will all work out. But I am grateful to God for all of this because I have so much anticipation and excitement to see what God is going to do in my life here!

No comments: