Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hidden Sins

In recent days this psalm has once again taken on special significance in my heart as I have been confronted with some very troubling sin that remains hidden in the deeper recesses of my mind and spirit. It is often the case that when we mature as believers, we don't always forsake our sin, we simply learn to cover it over better and to hide it. This is a very dangerous place to be, as accountability is almost non-existent and our own conscience can be easily soothed when we merely examine the outer displays of morality and obedience. Praise God for His gracious revealing of those sins, and that it truly is His kindness that leads us to repentance!

Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD!
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
that you may be feared.

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.

Psalm 130

No comments: