Monday, June 25, 2007

Atlanta
















I just returned from a classical Christian education conference in Atlanta. We left Wednesday and got home Saturday evening. It was overwhelming, all the speakers and workshops. I learned so much that I did wrong my first year of teaching. Definitely a lot to try and implement this year. My favorite part of the conference was the fellowship with the other teachers I work with. We took a group of 17 and it was just so encouraging to get to know them better, to hear their teaching experiences, and most of all to observe the heart God has given them for classical education. The theme of the conference was: Christ the Lord of Classical Christian Education. Every speaker tied their practical educational lecture around how Christ is the center and foundation of it. As a side note, we also had a fun night at a Braves baseball game! I had a great time and it reminded me how thankful I should be for the Lord so providentially providing me with this position and the opportunity to be surrounded by such godly and wise people.

No comments: