Monday, January 7, 2008

Who glorifies God because of you???










I just returned from a wonderful holiday in South Africa from Christmas to New Years. It was a really precious opportunity to be reunited with some special friends who are serving as missionaries in Mbazwana, an area in Zululand. They have been there ten months and will be coming back to the States the first part of March. Their son, Max, was a very special student of mine last year in the fourth grade and it has been a sweet encouragement to be a part of their ministry there. It was also a very meaningful time as I was reacquainted with friends I have made there on previous trips, like Zanele, Ntombenhle, and all the church families. Jeff preached several times, which was a huge blessing to my soul! I even found a verse for the year in one of his sermons. I had been praying that God would show me a special verse to meditate on for the new year. Jeff preached a phenomenal message about how God can use us to glorify Himself and focused on Galatians 1:24: "And they glorified God because of me". God has certainly gifted him as a teacher of the Word, and I was so deeply moved by the bold passion he had as he shared truth with the Zulu people. I pray their ministry will carry on even after they return home and that the people of Mbazwana will bear much fruit as a result of the work that has been done there. The photos don't really do it justice, but I will try to share more in the coming days.

1 comment:

Tommy Clayton said...

Cool post. Sounds (and looks) like you had a great holiday in SA. We had a blast with you both in CA and in FL before you left. May God bless your new year and all the decisions you must soon make!

Tommy C.