Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The deep water

In the arms of a good Father
You can go to the deep water
Where the questions, we have left unspoken
Come out in the open
We will find shelter here

So I lay down, what I cannot hold in my hands
Every sorrow and hope spinning out of control
And here I find sweet resolution comes in letting go
And we will find shelter here

(Sandra McCracken, Shelter)

Sometimes I am afraid to go to the deep water, afraid that my questions for God are almost blasphemous, especially when I know the truth that I do. But God already knows them anyway, so why would I fear? And it is only when I ask those questions that I have a shelter in Him. I am so thankful for a God of HOPE. That "hope that endures the worst of conditions" as Natalie Grant has sung. Whether wounds are healed or not, God is there and He is All-Sufficient! Whether I am able to find solace anywhere else, I can lean on the arms that never change and never fall away. God always keeps His promise to love me and care for me, whether He changes my circumstances or not. He is my Eternal Friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!! I needed these words today, too.