Monday, October 13, 2008

Eternity

I have been thinking on eternity so much lately because it is my HOPE! When questions arise or doubts plague me, this is where I turn. So I have been rereading some notes from a sermon that I heard during my time in California this summer. Here are some snippets that I found particularly encouraging:
"We plan vacations meticulously but how much time do we spend reflecting on our eternal home? Your place in the Kingdom is determined by how you live here on this earth! Matt. 20:29 - Relationships in the New Jerusalem will be determined and compensated by the degree of relationships and our faithfulness in sacrifice here on earth. Many of us love comfort and convenience more than our devotion to Christ. We should be motivated by reward - the reward of Heaven! We should be left with a willingness to joyfully sacrifice any temporal thing that stands in our way of grasping Christ!"

No comments: