Sunday, November 9, 2008

God pours out His presence

The past week has been deeply encouraging to me by God's grace. I have been searching out the answer to the question: is it possible to grieve and yet still be joyful in the Lord? (or something like this)...as I have pondered that thought in recent weeks, God providentially chose this week to really lay out before me the answer to it. By prayer and meditating on specific Scripture passages, I am confindent that YES, we can grieve tremendously, being filled with sorrow, and yet rejoice in the inheritance we have in Christ through a relationship with Him as Lord. I so want to expound on this, but have so much to do today...so I will just leave this quote from a song that was sung at church this morning:
"For I am crucified with Christ. It is not I, but Christ that lives within me. His cross will never ask for more than I can give!" This is sorrow mingled with joy, being assured that in the suffering and crucifxion of Christ, I am now guaranteed that He will never require something that is beyond what can be accomplished through Him, despite my inabilities. His strength perfects my weaknesses!

1 comment:

Pearls of Virtue said...

Well worded! It's so hard to keep our eyes where they should be in the midst of difficulties... because in those times we're so often focused on ourselves and NOT the Cross... but it's in the Cross alone that we can find true joy and healing.