Thursday, March 26, 2009

Womanhood...again!

So I have been busy studying these days for a lesson I am to teach on biblical womanhood to my college girls. I have been mostly studying about how our design as women has been corrupted, first by the Fall, and then over the past centuries of feminist infiltration. In the midst of my studying, I also have been taking a class at my church on redeemed womanhood. It was an eight-week course taught by various women in the church who shared about woman's creation design as it was intended to be and how to practically live it out in our daily lives. As I was thinking back on these lessons, conversations I have had in recent days, and my notes for this upcoming lesson, I was considering how quickly we women rail against being taught these things. We say we are not, and that we are eager to learn them, but yet when the hard truths are revealed we often cringe and rise up in our spirit against them. It is our sin that leads us to try and give a different meaning to scriptural principles. We want to mold them into our own sinful mindsets, saying right along with Eve, "Did God really say...?" It is our rebellion that leads us to respond before we reflect. Hard truths must be digested, meditated on and prayed over. I am learning that I am way too quick to question or argue a point rather than receive it from the respectable teacher or preacher who has spoken it, immediately trying to find a scripture that will validate my feelings rather than taking my resistance before the Lord in confession, repentance and then pleading with Him to mold me into His likeness.

No comments: