Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another school year begins...






















Well this has been a busy week as all of us teachers begin planning, eager to greet our new students come Monday morning! My classroom continues to evolve as I search for ways to comfortably accommodate 21 students this year. I think back to last year when one of my best friends, Sarah prepared my entire room for me as I was returning from a summer on mission in South Africa AND one of my other best friends, Amber was teaching right across the hall. It is astonishing how much changes in one year! Now Sarah has moved far away to begin life with her husband at seminary and Amber is a stay-at-home mom. Suffice it to say I miss them both tremendously at school. However, God is always abundant in His mercy and blessings, as there are many new teachers to join in sweet fellowship with as our school continues to expand. I am looking forward to this new group of students and their families to minister to as I share how God's sovereign hand is upon all learning.

Waves of change these days...and to top it off I get to reflect on a life of 30 years now that God has granted me. This Saturday is the big one:) I had so many thoughts of what life would be like at this age, and it is overwhelming to think how different it is than what I presumed. Presumption...a horrible thing! We spend so much time thinking of ourselves and what we think is best for us, what will make us the most happy and comfortable. Yet our great God overrules it all! And His ways are far better than our measly plans. No, my life is not what I thought it would be...it is far more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. The Lord has blessed me immeasurably in ways that I may never have first thought of as blessings but He has granted joyful peace and a heart that desires to embrace His perfect will. I thank Him for it!

The real reason I am posting today is to share a couple photos and a video link of my sweet little friends, Daniel and Elizabeth. Amber brought them to eat lunch with me today at school. My room doesn't quite do justice to the way Sarah had it arranged for me last year, but it has been fun nonetheless to get creative. Daniel is walking all over now and Elizabeth is growing quickly. Change again, can't seem to escape it so let us delight in it!
Check out Daniel walking like a big boy:

No comments: