Sunday, August 19, 2007

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain...



















but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. What a "conicidence" that this is the 30th verse of Proverbs 31! I spent my 30th birthday yesterday fellowshipping with two of my best friends, Amber and Patti. My sisters in the Lord are a constant reminder of this verse in Proverbs because although we all struggle inwardly with the remaining pull towards sin, God has used our friendships as a means to conform us to the image of His Son, and in particular to strive to be women who fear the Lord. I can honestly say that I would not fear the Lord as much had He not faithfully used these dear friends to refine me daily. We enjoyed a sweet time out last night, going to a great restaurant where I had my first Shirley Temple(a non-alcoholic beverage:), a chick flick and then ice cream! Baby Elizabeth even joined in, having her very first "Girls Night Out":) Be sure to check out Elizabeth's cooing and smiling on my video link: http://www.youtube.com/affoltermel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great blog Melissa. It is so "you" :) Im so glad that we have been able to become better friends through the college ministry, you are such an encouragement and godly example to me. I know I could have e-mailed you the same thing but I figured you would enjoy a comment.