Monday, August 6, 2007

Saying Farewell






















This past week I said "see you later" to some of the best friends I have ever had. It was a bittersweet moment. God is leading them to accomplish great things by moving them, but it has certainly left a hole in my heart as I will deeply miss their daily fellowship here. As I have thought about their move, it caused me to reflect on God's providence in bringing us together as friends. Never have I known friends who were so willing to sacrifice the comfort of friendship in order to tell me the truth about myself. There were many times when these friends cared more for my soul than for our social relationship. They were willing to risk our friendship to help me be sanctified in Christ. It is because of their devotion to see my salvation worked out in purity that we remain such great friends. God graciously chose to preserve our friendship through humility and mutual edification. I pray these are the kinds of friends provided to my other brothers and sisters in Christ. Here are some fun photos from our last couple of days together.

No comments: