Saturday, August 8, 2009

Satisfied in Christ

Obviously I am experiencing a fresh interest in learning to love Christ exclusively, though I am disappointed when I see how quickly I find satisfaction in other things and my gaze easily shifts from Him to fleeting matters. But when I was in California, I had the privilege of attending the Women Discipling Women conference, put on by The Master's College Biblical Counseling Department - my graduate school. Anyway, there was this young woman there who shared during the praise and worship time and I was blown away by her music (and bought a CD on the spot)! I have copied one favorite song below because the lyrics are just profound in a very simple way. You can find links to her music just by googling her name:

Be Satisfied

Oh my heart is, very simple;
So foolish, so deceived.
Oh, this heart, pleased so easily.
Awake my soul to find in Him
More joy than any passing sin.
Drink His pleasures in, and be satisfied.

Oh, my heart, though very simple
Can never be refused.
Oh, this heart, bound by His own love
Awake my soul to who you are
Beloved, beyond the farthest star.
See your Savior’s scars, and be satisfied

Protect me from this heart that is mine
O lover of my soul, Keeper of my hope
Let your beauty shine so I can see
How perfect and free you love towards me defends my weakest part
And not for what I’ve done but for who you are

In you alone are light and truth,
Oh may my soul be found in you.
Though all the world be offered to me.
Though often led astray by sin
Your mercy beckons me again
Forever loved by you I’ll stay

No comments: